Monday, May 28, 2007

Science Olypaid Update!!

A few months ago I told everyone about how wonderful Alex's team did and that they were going to State finals. Well the Saturday before Mother's Day was the big day. Alex and his partner Jay competed in 3 activites and placed 2nd in one and 6th in the other. Alex's school had two teams competing Chapman Red(Alex's team) and Chapman Blue. There were about 100 teams there from the whole state of Georgia and DRUM ROLL PLEASE Alex's team "Chapman Red" WON 1st PLACE and took home the State Championship title!! Do you think I'm just a little proud!! I have no pictures from that day because I was at the Emergency room( I hurt my knee). And with the crazniess of the morning I forgot to give Brian the camera. Alex's team was taken for a pizza party the week after the competion during school. Alex and a boy from his team made a bet on who could eat the most red pepper flakes out of their hand without taking a sip of their drink. After Alex had 5 hand fulls of the peppers without a drink, one of the girls told the other boy. DA!! did you forget he is from Louisiana!! You might as well give up now!! I think for Alex the pepper eating victory was just as sweet as the State Championship Title!!

No comments: