Sunday, July 6, 2008

Another day another dinner!!

Okay guys, I'm heading out to Whole Foods this morning to get my goodies for this week. 2 of the things I know I'm cooking this week are Shrimp Tortellini Marinara, that my kids LOVE! And the other thing is Linguine with Spicy Crawfish Butter...YUMMY!

Shrimp Tortellini Marinara (this is from Publix Apron's Simple Meals) and simple it is!!
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes(rinsed)....(I use organic cherry tomatoes from whatever store I'm at)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb. large peeled/deveined shrimp, thawed
19-20 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini(I'm using Buitoni green and white tortellini)
1 3/4 cups marinara(I'm using Gia Russa, its at Publix and also Whole Foods, its about 6 dollars a jar but SO worth the extra couple of dollars)
1/2 cup white wine
I don't use these but it calls for......4 ounces pre sliced mushrooms(rinsed)
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Fill large saucepan half full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for pasta. Cut tomatoes onto halves or quarters; set aside(I cut the tomatoes into quarters so that when they cook down you can't even tell what they are, the kids don't pick at them when I do that :)

Preheat large saute' pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan;swirl to coat. Add shrimp;cook 1-2 minutes or just until turn pink and opaque.

Stir tortellini into boiling water. Boil 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.

Stir marinara sauce into shrimp;then stir in remaining ingredients(including tomatoes). Cook 1-2 more or until thoroughly heated. (I cook it for about 5 minutes)

Drain tortellini; then stir into marinara sauce.

Serve

Happy Cooking!

No comments: