Sunday, July 8, 2007









WE DID IT!!

Brian, myself and my girlfriend Lena did the Peachtree Road race on 4th of July morning. This race is huge, there are over 55,000 people that participate. It is a 10k(6.3 miles). As most people know my husband loves to run. He has done a number of races including marathons. And as most of you know I am perfectly happy cheering for him when he crosses the finish line. But not this time, he was waiting for us at the end to cheer for us! Lena and I had never done a race and after I hurt my knee in May it looked like we were not going to be doing it. But my knee has been doing a lot better so we decide to go for it. Brian's time was 51 minutes and Lena and I were 1 hour and 30 minutes. Not bad considering we had not done any training since May. I am very proud of all of us. And thank you to my girl for being their with me every step of the way. I'm looking forward to it next year!!

No comments: