Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Christmas Eve Baking!!






On Christmas Eve during the day we BAKED!! And I mean we all baked. We made chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels, rice krispie treats, peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, snicker doddle cookies, sugar cookies and brownies. After we finished all of that I looked at Brian and said we forgot about the pies!! He thought I was losing my mind...which is true but still, we have to have pie! As the years have gone on I have mastered many things in the kitchen, unfortunately portion control is not one of them, especially during the holidays. My father in law always asks me when he comes over for any dinner "how many people are we having?" I enjoy having people enjoy my food. When I cook it is mostly from my heart. Very rarely from a box!! So yes we had to much food and desserts for the 9 people we had over for Christmas (us, Brian's parents, Brian's brother and my grandma) but that's fine. Running out of food is not an option!!

No comments: