Monday, September 22, 2008

Well Slap My Fanny and Call Me Busy....

Can I just vent for a minute please? It's not complaining its just letting out a little frustration.
I am fully aware that I am the person that signs them up and I am the person that pays the money for my children to do everything their little hearts desire to do.
But now I need to VENT!!

After my glorious week last week, God has decided to remind me today what my life is really all about! KIDS, ACTIVITIES and mouth pieces that have been inside of football pants.....you know there's going to be a story!

Last night I wrote out my list for today. I have to make a list for everything and yes I check it off as the day goes by. I sometimes wonder if I didn't look at my list, would I really forget to get my kids off the bus and feed them? Maybe, I'll do an experiment one day.....I'll let you know.


Monday

3 kids bringing lunch (Monday's aren't usually good buying days)


Alex trombone


Jakob to school early for WBOB (he is on the morning news for his school, yes he is a ROCK STAR!)

me work

after work, bug man 2 - 3 pm


Alex home


Jakob and Hannah home


Alex orthodontist 4:30


Jakob practice 6 (feed Jakob before practice)



Alex practice 7:30 (feed Alex before practice)



Just a typical evening.

Right?

WRONG!!


My bug man informs me that my back yard is infested with ants! He takes me on a tour of my yard to show me all the wonderful colonies that are EVERYWHERE!! I love my bug guy and he really goes above and beyond for me, I was just not in the mood to learn about all of the bushes and trees around my house that need to be trimmed. And about the granules that I will be buying tomorrow and spreading around my back yard.....I DON'T EVEN LIKE MY BACKYARD!!

Alex gets off the bus and informs me he needs modeling clay in 3 specific colors and if he brings it in tomorrow he gets 5 points of extra credit (and momma you always tell me, were all about extra credit). My son then asks me if he can go to Homecoming and if he can ask Schyler to go with him.....AHHHHH. (Yes he is a ROCK STAR also, where do you think Jakob gets it from?)
Can I go back in the yard with the bug man and hear about the ants that have come to take over my land??

It just keeps getting better.....

I next go down to the bus stop and wait for my 2 other children. It will be a crazy afternoon so I want to enjoy the walk back up to our house, where I get to hear about how wonderful (or not) their day has been.....

KEEP DREAMING SISTA!!!!

Hannah steps off first, MOM I have a problem. She shows me her strap to her school bag which is completely ripped off. (This is the school bag that I did not want her to get because I thought it was made poorly and wouldn't last. MAN I AM A GENIUS!!)

As she is showing me her battle wound, here comes my Jakey boy.

MOMMMMM (seriously do they have to say my name as if they are dying at that moment?!)
I have a little problem.....he picks up his shoe and reveals the bottom is completely ripped off. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

OK we can fix this, when dad meets us at Jakob's football practice then I will take Alex and Hannah and get the modeling clay, a school bag and Jakob's shoes (he is not picky about what I pick out), then we will go to Alex's practice....

SOUNDS GOOD.... RIGHT??

Wrong!!

As were driving to the orthodontist my lovely husband text messages me to tell me, not that he loves me and not that I'm the best looking woman in the world (you see where I'm going with this RIGHT?) that he is going to be LATE!!

Late was not the word I wanted to hear at that moment....

But you know what, as I was driving to the orthodontist I started to laugh and I mean a really good belly laugh and man it felt good. I laughed because tomorrow is another day and IT WILL BE OK!

I got everyone where they needed to be. I tapped up Hannah's strap tonight, Jakob will wear his crocs tomorrow and Alex will bring his clay in on Wednesday and get 3 extra points.....

If I look at the glass half full its always better, that or I either drank the other half and completely forgot about it :):)

In the craziness of the evening there were still some highlights.....

As we were leaving to go to the orthodontist Hannah walks by me and slaps my butt and says "lets go little lady were busy!!"

I must explain that I do this to her all the time, she just has never done it to me. I explained to her that it wasn't really a nice thing to do and mommy wouldn't do it anymore (man that was hard to say with a straight face because it really was HILARIOUS when she did it)

Next up as were heading to Football practice Jakob reminds me that his other mouthpiece is in his daddy's car. Well that's OK son because we have the one in the back.

NO mom remember?

remember what son?

That's the one that I hooked on my pants and it fell down inside of my pants and we didn't find it until that evening when I took a bath.

OH yea, how could I forget.

So I did what any mother of a football player in need of a clean mouthpiece would do (NO, I did not spit on it and clean it) I stopped at Chick Fil A and washed it and then asked if I could use a little bit of their disinfectant spray and cleaned it some more. There is no shame in my game, I have bigger fish to fry than some funk on a mouthpiece......

So that was my Monday.

How was YOURS??

2 comments:

Mainly a midwife said...

OK..that was really funny. The butt slapping part. I am enjoying your blog.

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

I'm exhausted for you! Hang in there today is a new day.