Monday, October 13, 2008

Just call me, little PEPPY TU TU!

I am my children's biggest fan, their eternally begotten cheerleader. For every "first" and every second and every hundredth, that's what I've been.Whether it was the "first" time they sat up or the tenth time they colored on the paper and not my table :):)

As they have grown I still try and use words of encouragement as often as I can, sometimes that is a little more challenging than others.

-Thank you Alex for emptying the top 2 racks of the dishwasher and forgetting to tell me you didn't empty the silverware basket, now that I have put dirty things in it.....THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORT

-Thank you Jakob for emptying the bathroom garbage cans, like I asked you to. And really thanks for emptying them into the kitchen garbage can and filling it so high that the dogs will now be pooping Q-TIPS.....THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORT

-Thank you Hannah for picking up all your clothes off your floor and putting them away, including your dirty clothes (panties and all) and wet bathing suit that I found back in your drawer (smelling really nicely I might add).....THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORT

YOU GET MY POINT.....

I feel like if we see our kids trying (really trying) even if it's not the way we would of done it. We still need to compliment the EFFORT.

And then of course at a later time bring up how we can IMPROVE on things :):)

My oldest son told me the other day, mom you would be proud of us if we ate dirt.....well actually you guys have eaten dirt before and I explained to you that we don't know if the dogs have used that same dirt for their bathroom, I don't think any of my children ever ate dirt again after that explanation.
But I was proud that they didn't talk with any of the dirt in their mouths:):)

So yes I am A PROUD MOMMA, sometimes OVERLY PROUD.
And yes I have been known to have tears in my eyes for something as simple as my child stopping to help someone tie their shoe.
But is that really wrong??
I mean in the grand scheme of things, once they leave me I want them to have manners, self confidence and know that momma will always be there, to be happy for them.

Just call me little PEPPY TU TU, I will wear the badge with honor!

2 comments:

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

What a great reminder to me to try to find the good in the kids effort. Even if it isn't my perfect way! :)

Elizabeth said...

This is such a great attitude! We do need this reminder. Great post!

That reminds me, I should praise Hubby. He really does do half around here. (I just wish he would finish something. He does half of the dishwasher, then half of the picking up, then half of the lawn!) I'm so lucky that I get to finish it all!

:P