Tuesday, December 2, 2008

How many licks does it take, to get to the center??

While we were at this beautiful park with all of these beautiful trees (you all should know by now that I love me some trees:) I decided this might be a good time to TRY and TRY being the key word here, to get some possible Christmas card pictures.
After I had Jakob, I stopped doing professional pictures of the kids for our Christmas cards.

I started having them all sit in front of our tree and it would be wonderful (I'm totally going into what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger mode on this one). I remember one year I sent out Christmas cards of Alex and Jakob in front of our tree and I swear to you I had to crop out the Oreo cookie that was in Jakob's hand (now that I think about it, I might not of even cropped it out) I will have to find that picture.....anyway.

Last year I decided to try and add Brian and I to the cards because some of the relatives asked why we were never in the pictures. And the truth is because I don't have the patience to sit still for pictures that have to be good enough for Christmas cards. HMMMM were you wondering where the kids get it from??


And so we try.........


It isn't always easy to get a picture but I feel like it's a little more personal this way.



So I thought maybe I could get Patrick (my 12 year old brother) to snap a few pictures of us.
Well a few turned into, 15 to be exact, half of which were deleted.

These were in the running to possibly be on our Christmas cards......



This one would of been good if my daughter didn't look like her head was about to start spinning around..

Let's see my 35 year old husband was playing Super Man, while I got his daughters head top stop spinning..
Not to bad Johnson people....
Another break down was brewing, watch the blond little cuties face.....
this would of been good if my husband didn't look like he was trying out for "I Dream of Jeannie"
pretty darn good, considering the tree had started to implant its self into our rear ends ;)
that's about as good as it gets!!
While I was looking at these pictures, I just keep hearing that Tootsie Pop commercial in my head.
How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
The world may never know.
Which one do you like the best??

6 comments:

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

I like the 2nd to last one. Every one looks great! We just did ours this past weekend too. I hope we find a good one.

Denise Grover Swank said...

I like the second to the last one too. They didn't turn out half bad, huh?

Mel said...

I definitely like the last one best. when I first saw this one on an earlier post I thought immediately of Christmas card pictures....because we still don't have one. My biggest accomplishment would be to get us, the kids and the dogs. It would require a miracle.

The Dinsmores said...

The last one is definitely the best.

Anonymous said...

The last one cuz it's a close-up. My pictures are still not taken . . . maybe we'll do Happy New Year cards.

Unknown said...

These are hilarious!! I think 15 pictures is pretty good, I need at least 25 to choose from. :)

I think I like the last one the best.