Friday, January 2, 2009

Little Ole Me

Back in September I sent an email to the editor of a monthly magazine that our area gets.



I have loved this magazine since we moved here.


It is always a good guide to things happening in our area and has some really good articles that people in our area write.


There are always chefs in the magazine telling their recipes to a fancy dish of some sorts.



I always wondered why they never printed any "regular recipes" that normal (well at least semi normal) people could use.



One day I was telling my girlfriend Lena this and she said well why don't you just ask them.....DUH!!!



So I did.



I told the editor how much I enjoyed the magazine and how after I moved here I relied on it quite a bit for my information to this new and scary land :)


And then I asked here if she ever thought of putting some "regular recipes" in there.


Her response was, what'cha thinking?? Not in those words but something like that.....



So I sent her a few things as an example and she let me know that she thought this was something that her readers would like and they would try and use it in a future issue.



I didn't mean use my exact things, I just meant something like it. Like putting a little buzz in someones ear, you know BUZZ BUZZ!!



She sent me back something to "edit" and asked me to write a little bio and to send a picture.


Yeah that was comical.


I edited out my husband of our Miami picture and said the best I could about myself. (read the bottom of the article to see what I said :)



Well I was pleasantly surprised to see that it landed in there, this month.


My kids think it is SUPER COOL (they really do) and even my hubby got a little gitty with me!



I'm getting brave in my old age and maybe even a little proud.....




1 comment:

Mel said...

Congratulations! You've been published.

:)