Sunday, January 18, 2009

Yummy Beef Fajitas

I made a new steak fajita recipe last week and I HAVE to share it with you all.

I don't remember where I clipped it from, so I can't show love to the original owner. It is from newspaper but that's all I know.

Beef Fajitas

2 pounds beef skirt steak (I used 2 thinly cut pieces of round steak)
2 limes, juice from both; zest from one
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup low sodium beef broth (I used Organic)
1/2 tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning (I used 1 tablespoon of Tony Chachere's
1 tablespoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
2 assorted bell peppers (I used a red one and a yellow one)
12 flour tortillas (I used whole wheat)
1 cup sour cream
2 cups of Mexican shredded cheese


Trim fat off of steak. Combine next 8 ingredients (through pepper) in a seal able container. Add beef, coat all sides and marinate for 8 - 24 hours in the fridge. (I let it sit for 24 hours) Grill to desired doneness; allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing it against the grain into thin strips. Grill veggies in an aluminum pouch until warm and tender (or with the meat in an indoor grill pan. (I broiled the steak with all the veggies on top, it was too cold to grill out. But I will grill them outside next time)

Warm tortillas as according to the package, then fill with meat and veggies

Top each with your favorite fajita toppings (ours are Mexican cheese, green leaf lettuce and sour cream) and serve.

Happy Cooking!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

YUM.

This is going on the menu this week.

Thanks for helping me menu plan!