Sunday, June 6, 2010

take a hike

my up and coming high school freshman

Align Center


















Alex's 8th grade class had their official walk over to the high school ceremony on last Thursday. His principal hands over the next group of freshman to the high school principal.
It's a walk that was short in length,monumental in meaning, but yet oh so subtle at the same time. In eight short weeks I will have a high school freshman, a 6th grader and a 3rd grader.
I will also have a few 100 more gray hairs, laugh lines and not nearly enough time to soak up everything that I would like.
Our time is like the walk was; short, monumental and subtle all at the same time.
The good times and the bad ones are also like the gray hairs and laugh lines and they're worth every memory......





2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Where's the Kleenex?

Pave the way girl, I'll be there soon.

Kristin said...

A high schooler? Wow! I guess I lost track of how old your boys were!!

It will be okay, I promise..