Tuesday, July 6, 2010

so what's it gonna be?

I'm in the midst of gearing up for another semester of college. Tuition's being paid, checking out book prices on Amazon and checking out my new classes positions on campus. There's a running joke when it comes to me and college; I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Now I know a lot of people are in on this joke as well, but truly honest to god, I don't want to spend tens of thousands of dollars just to have a piece of paper to frame and dust once every month. I've read over all the majors in my book. I've looked and re looked at every topic that I every felt a flurry in my belly for. And still I sit here on my back porch watching the fire flies dance over my night sky,while sipping my Amstel light and listening to my children argue over who is eating the last Skinny Cow ice cream, and I am  peacefully and perfectly content to do just this on this same porch until my last breath.

My husband thinks I should go into psychology or sociology, apparently I'm good at talking (to people) and they listen to me (no I don't know why, maybe because my heart speaks before my brain thinks most of the time). My boys want me to be a chef, so culinary school is always an option. I mean really how many 11 and 14 year old boys would NOT like an all you can eat buffet (homework assignment) going on at their house. Hannah thinks I should be a rock star, not because she thinks I can sing or anything, but just so that she, Chloe and Gracie MIGHT have the chance to meet Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez one day. And me, I'm just wondering how do I do all of those things and get to watch my homies the fire flies each night? When I figure it all out you all will be the first fifth to know........

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

(Writing?)

All I can say is this is a hard decision, but one that only you can make. And you will do so splendidly.

Now, why not shock your friends and family and tell them Physics?