Saturday, July 24, 2010

Want Ads!

I'm sitting on my back porch enjoying a frosty bottle of goodness and my house is eerily quite. Hannah's at a friends, Jakob is playing video games, Alex and my brother Patrick are watching a baseball game inside and Brian and I are side by side on our computers. He is looking up insurance quotes for our soon to be eligible to drive son (insert frosty bottle here) and I'm bitching to you; life's almost back to normal.

Our house guests packed up their lives and headed back to the real world today....BOO!
Shortly after their departure I stripped all the beds, wiped down the bathroom and swept up the last little bits of memories we made over our short trip together.
And then I cried. Not an ugly cry. But a cry none the less.

Tear of happiness......
Tears of joy......
Tears of not enough time together.....

And then I made my coffee and sat outside in this very same spot and thanked the lord for 4 glorious filled days together.

Of happiness.....
Joy......
And not enough time together.....

We all can be whoever it is we want to be in life, but when you're with your family, you just are who you are. Battle scars, roots, unplucked eye brows and all.
No one cares.
As long as you cleaned your plate and didn't let all the air condition out, the world is good. And let me tell you my friends, the world is ALL GOOD here.

Oh my!  Hubby just got the insurance quote for the boy. Alex is going to need the classifieds and I'm going to need another frosty bottle beverage!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

This is fantastic. I love the blurb about cleaning your plate and not letting the air conditioning out. Priceless.