Tuesday, August 3, 2010

thank you 101


I believe whole heartily that what you give in life is what you get. At the end of the day you only have yourself and God to answer to and one of the two doesn't take kindly to excuses.
On this particular day I wasn't feeling very giving and was trying to make every excuse to myself why I shouldn't be going back out of my house AGAIN.
Two practices for the oldest boy, 3 different stores for school supplies, 2 trips to the grocery, 1 momma who had an aching back and three kids that were on the verge of me proving the theory of why some animals eat their young (and like it!). I was ready for this day's page to be turned and then
***RING***
***RING***
a phone call from a dear friend needing a little TLC for a car battery. With no excuse to speak of I grab my keys and took my p.j. wearing self to the rescue. And on the way home I saw this...... 


if this wasn't a thank you for no excuses then I don't know what is!
A beautiful end to a not so beautiful day, you gotta love the Lord!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Sometimes those reminders hit us smack dab where we need 'em. Great post.

I've got to get my write on, but dang, I've forgotten how busy summer is.