Friday, October 12, 2007

Sunbelt Triathlon!







My husband never seems to stop amazing me! On Sunday Brian and Jen(His bosses wife) did their 2nd Triathlon. The Sunbelt Cohutta Springs Triathlon. It was in Grandall, Ga. It was a half mile swim,18 mile bike and 4 mile run! In that order. Any one that knows my husband knows he loves to run. He has done a marathon and a few half marathons. The Triathlons are new to us. Brian's not a long distance swimmer and he knows this but he still does these races. I think this swim almost killed HIM!! Half mile doesn't sound long but trust me I saw it ..IT IS! He finished the race with a little longer time than he had hoped but hey like the kids said, you finished it and you didn't drown. (My babies are always looking for the bright side)
Jen on the other hand ROCKED!! She was awesome with her swim. She started 3 minutes after Brian and got in before him (sorry honey, but I've gotta give the girl her props!!)The kids and I have gone to all of his big races and this was the first time we got to see him go from event to event. So that was cool. We cheered them on after they finished each thing! Brian, just in case I haven't told you lately, you are an amazing man, husband and father. I am so proud to be on this journey with you. We love you!!!

No comments: