Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day. I think we all at some point realize that we are our MOTHER'S!! I often hear myself say certain things and I think to myself"oh my word, I am my mother". But as I have gotten older I embrace that fact because there is no one in the world I would want to be more like than my mother. My momma is the strongest most genuine person I know. She is confident in herself and her family, she knows that she has raised her kids to not sugar coat the world and to be the best person we can be.
When I look at my daughter I can only hope that one day she will have as much admiration in her eyes for me as I have for my momma...

I also have another woman who has been a strong influence for almost 17 years in my life...my mother in law. Ms. Cecelia is really the nicest person I have every known(except for memaw who is her momma). I know that having a daughter in law with a strong personality isn't the easiest thing but since the very beginning she has welcomed me in with open arms. She once told me that early on in Brian and I's relationship she knew that I was the one because Brian had finally met his match!!

I often think...am I going to be as giving of my son as my momma and mother in law have been? I hope to be, I think I will know the right one for them when she comes along.

Thank you to all of the strong woman in my life(you all know who you are), you all influence me in some way to be a better a better mother, a better wife and a better friend!

Happy Mother's Day to you all!!

No comments: