Thursday, July 17, 2008

Skinny B@#$%


While my kids play their sports I do a lot of waiting and waiting and you get the idea. I try and use that time to get some Reading in....Right now I'm reading Skinny Bitch by:Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin. This book is HILARIOUS. I'm only about have way through it, I'm hoping to be done by tomorrow(its not long, right over 200 pages). It is two woman who have turned Vegan and use vulgar humor to explain all the nasty stuff that we put into our bodies!!


About 5 years ago I started researching organic fruits and veggies and snacks for my kids. At the time in Louisiana the only place I could find that stuff was at was Whole Foods.(Yes all my friends thought I was crazy and I think I was called hippy and granola, pretty often)


I'm fortunate now because more people see the benefits to eating and making healthier choices, so the items aren't as hard to find anymore!


This book is a little over the top, so you have to take it with a grain a salt. But it does have a lot of good information in it. I have used a lot of the organic products they talk about, so I'm familiar with the names. It you want to get a good laugh and even better information, then I highly recommend this book....their follow up book is Skinny Bitch in the kitchen. I let you know about that one next week!




Happy Reading!!

No comments: