Monday, July 21, 2008

What's In A Number??

Last week on one of the radio stations here, they asked a question to their female listeners "What do you think is the best age to be a woman?" This radio station is geared more towards the teens, twenty somethings and thirty year old. (The afternoon Cindy and Ray show, that I love. Has become a lot more adult orientated conversations, so I only get to listen every couple of days:) They were hoping for some 40 years olds to call in, in the 20 minutes I listened to it, no one over 36 called.
I thought I would ask my blog girls this same question....I think we all feel that at whatever age we are at that time, it is the best. When I was in my early 20's I thought I knew EVERYTHING(and of course in my own little world I did) Now looking back I can laugh at how much I have learned from that time.
My answer to that question is, these past 2 years have been 2 of the best years in my life(of course I'm not counting my wedding or the birth of my 3 little cuties). I have loved being 30!! I will be 33 in a month and I am hoping it continues on as well as it has been.
I don't really get stressed at my age(now my children's ages, that's another story).
As I have gotten older I have noticed certain things about myself:

1. I don't sweat the small stuff in my life, my life is my life and I like it like that.

2. I don't have to be anything other than who I am, to be happy. I don't have a fancy title or degrees to hang on my wall and that's OK. I have precious hours logged into my brain of nothing more than just putting together a Barney puzzle with Alex while sharing a peanut butter sandwich with Jakob sitting on my lap while Hannah was in my belly kicking him! THAT IS PURE GOLD!!

3. I am as confident as a wife, as I am as a mother. I know that is kind of ass backwards but when Brian and I got married I was scared to death, am I going to be a good wife, am I going to be all that he needs in a wife. I obviously had self esteem issues to work out and I feel like in the last 5 years I have gotten all that straight. When I gave birth for the first, second and third time, I never had a doubt in my mind that I wasn't going to be the best momma for this little baby. I guess I took on "Motherhood" like some people take on their careers. And I have been proudly employed for almost 13 years and many, many more to go!! Some of you don't understand that but that's OK because I don't sweat the small stuff :)

4. I don't waste my time on nonsense, drama or just acquaintances, I've had "friends" before that at the end of the day I would say to myself....WHY do you talk to this person?
My few close friends are people that I LOVE and that I would trust my children's lives with! And all of my juicy details!! :)
My other girls are people for some reason or another, have become a part of my heart.

5. My last thing that I have learned is NEVER SAY NEVER!!
I never thought I would move and be happy(hellooo welcome to Georgia)!
I never thought my kids would be in a public school....
I never thought I would have an open, honest, respectful relationship with my mother, but I do and I thank God for that everyday!
And for HEAVEN SAKES I never thought I would actually like broccoli and salad!( when you get a little older the hips and thighs aren't as forgiving as they use to be :)

I hope that I continue to learn as the years go on. I try and remember to stop and breath in this exact moment because it will be gone in a flash!
I also hope that as the years go on, I can continue to not live in the past and savor the present and be thankful for the future!

I hope all you females(young and old) have a wonderful Monday!!

No comments: