Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Our weekend with Gracie

I'm going to be playing a bit of catch up, so bare with me.....



3 weekends ago we watched our friends The Dinsmore's daughter Gracie, while they were jet setters for a SUPER QUICK weekend.
Ron is a HUGE Notre Dame fan, they got a chance to go to South Bend and see a Notre Dame game.
How COOL is that??

So little Ms. Gracie got to get some loving from the Johnson family!! Hannah was so EXCITED to have her friend sleep over (for not just one day momma but TWO WHOLE DAYS!) Did I mention she was a little excited??

Like any other weekend we had an action packed one.
Friday night Jakob's Football team had their Homecoming party. The kids got to run around all evening and play. They all had a blast!!

That night when it was time to read some bedtime stories after the girls had their baths, I could see that our weekend guest was getting a little unsure about the sleeping arrangements. (We pulled out Hannah's trundle bed and the girls were planning on "camping" in there......
Well the "camping in Hannah's room" plans changed and the girls slept with me in my bed. Hannah even let Gracie sleep in the COVET middle spot!!


As you can see there was no room for poor Mr. Brian, so he ever so nicely slept in the guest bedroom.
Have I told you guys lately how wonderful my husband really is??

The next morning the girls helped me make breakfast and then we were off to Jakob's Football game....

That afternoon the boys went to the lake and the girls and I decided to stay home and make some "jewelry" (I still don't think I have thanked M. Rona enough for bringing that over :)
While I, I mean the girls were making their bracelets, Gracie told us that she doesn't play this game at home because it gives her momma a headache (HMMMMM, YOU THINK!!) I still love you Rona :)
didn't I they do a good job?!

On Sunday we hung out at the house the kids played and we had some lunch and YUMMY Frosty's!!

The weekend went by so quickly and Gracie was such a good girl!! (I know her parents were a little worried)
Whenever you guys need a little jet setting weekend again, just let us know!

1 comment:

The Dinsmores said...

Too bad you sent the jewelry making kit back home with Gracie! You know Hannah wants to make more braclets!

No seriously, we can't thank you guys enough for watching our baby. She really did have the best time.