Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Funky Carpet Party, See You There!!

This past weekend I was looking on line for a few decorating ideas. I really don't know why I even bother to look, because I can't ever envision what I'm seeing, in my house.
I'm definitely a see it, feel it, taste it girl.

All the pictures of these ideas were of course in these beautiful homes, with the GRAND staircase. The most beautiful floors were all throughout the house and of course the KITCHEN (give me a minute to catch my breath please) the kitchens were just GORGEOUS!!

I'm looking at these houses going man, I wish I had something like that.

And then I try and snap myself back to reality.
I do have something like that, not THAT. Not GRAND staircases and my kitchen is certainly not going to take any one's breath away.

But we have A LOT.
And I'm very thankful that we do......

Our first house was about 1000 square feet and we were in that house until our THIRD child was 17 months old.
Were we cramped, SURE.
Did I wish everyday for YEARS that one day I would have 1. a BIG house, YES
2. a front porch, YES
3. a big tub, YES
4. more cabinets than I needed, YES

So now I have that and I'm still wishing for something else, a newer house with bigger and better things.

When does it ever stop??

Were having a Halloween party at our house and I have been obsessed with trying to get our carpet in family room replaced before then. The carpet that the previous owners put down was not a good quality and 3 years of my children and animals living in this house (mainly our family room) has shown through!!
Almost all the people that are coming have been to my house before and have seen my UGLY carpet, so why am I stressing over it?
I don't have any earthly idea.
I know there not coming to see my house, there coming to have fun and enjoy an evening with friends!

God, has had the last laugh in all of this, I am always telling my kids don't worry about MATERIAL things, it doesn't make up who you are. Well apparently he wanted me to live by my own words!!

My carpet guy can't come until AFTER Halloween and a piece of furniture that I have been waiting for, for my front formal living room is still on back order.....

YES GOD, I GET IT!!

1 comment:

The Dinsmores said...

Look at the silver lining......at least you won't have 50 muddy, trick-or-treating feet on your brand new carpet! We forgive you for not having that installed in time for us :)