Friday, October 17, 2008

The kindness of strangers....

I have not been on my home computer at all day today....which is HUGE for me. I have checked my emails twice from my phone (because you know I'm such an important person and I might miss the latest chain letter that has been sent to me).

Tonight when I finally got on to REALLY look at my emails and then got on my blog to see what you guys have been up to, I see that I have emails and comments that have just warmed my heart!!


First let me tell you that BlogHer has one of my posts listed right now for other bloggers to read. By the time you read this it will probably be gone, I think they only keep it up for 24 hours. This is the fourth time they have used one of my posts and each time I see it or get an email from one of you guys telling me it's on there, it makes me just as happy and excited as the first time I saw one of my posts listed!



The next little ray of email sunshine was from 2 woman who I don't know at all. One from the blog I'm just me... she just simply wrote a comment saying she was going to use my Mini Mama Mia's for dinner one night and also she enjoys reading my blog. Nothing earth shattering, just some kind words from one blogging woman to another.

The next was from a mom who has asked me not to mention her name on my blog because her blog is private, as with the last one I don't know this woman either. She contacted me a few months ago asking me some questions about being a stay at home mother of 3 children. Basically she wanted to know how I came out of it SANE! I quickly explained to her that SANITY is highly overrated, as is sleep, personal space and personal hygiene on some days :):)
Today she sent me an email telling me that my post about trying to be positive about the little things, made her start thinking about all the small things her kids do and to stop focusing on all the things they don't do. She also had some other really nice comments to make about my writings as well. Yet again, nothing earth shattering, just some kind words from one blogging woman to another.....

I also received another email from someone but I'm going to save this story for another day.....I will hopefully have some FUN news to share with you all really soon. It won't be earth shattering either, just a silly little New Orleans girl being a little proud of herself for a change......

Thank you ladies for all your kind words today.

Some days we need little pick me ups more than other days, you know those days when your coffee, Diet Coke or sweet tea just won't do the job :):)

Well today was one of those days for me, the kind words of 2 strangers put a smile on another strangers face.

I truly believe that every "little" good thing needs to be said. Even if its as simple as that color looks really nice on you or something you said one time, always stays with me because I knew it was truly sincere when you said it......

I appreciate your thoughts and sweet words about my ramblings. And some days I appreciate them more than you know!!

No comments: