Friday, October 24, 2008

They Say That Breaking Up Is Hard To do!!

How do you explain to your pre teenage son that sometimes GOOD people just make BAD decisions.

Alex's little "friend" broke up with him on Monday. They have been liking each other since February. This is the girl from the Homecoming pictures. They don't talk on the phone, (lets remember he is only 12!) over the summer he and a friend met her and one of her friends at the show. The first time her parents stayed, the second time myself and 2 of my girlfriends stayed. They would talk in school and this year she joined the band because she found out Alex was in it.

As with any story "with girls there will be drama" each day the story changed.....

Monday Alex came home and said guess what mom, Schuyler broke up with me.....
She said she just wants to be friends and Alex told her that was a good idea because they don't really do anything anyway......

Tuesday he asked 2 of her friends if they knew why she did it and they said, she told them he didn't really act like he liked her (I was happy to hear that). He said well yeah I probably didn't act like it........

Wednesday he comes home and says all the girls are acting very weird towards him and he is really confused because he didn't do anything to any of them....... ( I explained to him FEMALES are crazy and we stick together no matter who is wrong)

Thursday (the truth finally is revealed) Alex finds out from one of their mutual friends (who is a boy) that Schuyler has been liking someone else for awhile now. When he tells me who the other boy is, I then have to remember that I am the adult and say oh well don't worry about it, when my insides are screaming has she lost her mind that kid is SOOOO not cute! My son then asks me, mom why do you think she went to Homecoming with me? If she likes someone else?
My first thought was because girls at 12 are BITCHES and should be punished!! Even though I pride myself on being honest with my kids, I thought that comment might be a little harsh :):)

Alex was more upset that this was one of his friends (they were buds before all of this nonsense) and he feels like she just could of told him the truth. Were all about the truth in this house, even if it hurts!

I'm hoping today when he gets home there won't be more to the story....

We talked last night about his feelings and how this stuff is all (unfortunately) apart of life. Every bump in the road makes you the person that one day will be a wonderfully smart, handsome, great man!! (and she will be eating her heart out, OK now I'm just being bad)

I truly do believe everyday is a lesson. Not being able to kiss the bo bo and make it better is the hardest thing EVER as a parent, IT SUCKS!!

And even though these things are trivial, there HUGE to him. And us as parents we are suppose to support them and try and make them understand that WE REALLY DO UNDERSTAND!! We have all been through these things and it will be OK......

My recipe to help fix a cracked heart, Dinner in front of the T.V (which is a RARE treat in our house) watching a movie!! Homemade chicken patty sandwich's, fresh corn on the cob, peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream. I'm also going to let him (Alex) light the fireplace tonight, mommas bringing out the big guns!

I still remember my first heart break, 7th grade, Anthony Reiss. It's not really an interesting story, for God sakes people I was only in 7th grade!!

Now if you want a story, I've got a story, about this little skinny white girl named Heidi and this little skinny white boy with a MOUND of hair named Brian.......well were still making our story, only Heidi's not so skinny and Brian's not so moundy on the hair. I have a feeling it's going to end with AND THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!!

What's your first experience with heartbreak?????

8 comments:

The Campbells said...

Heidi
It's Sarah from Hillside and Lara Hughes neighbor. I am so sorry to hear about the heartbreak. My first boyfriend was seventh grade and he broke up with me after a week because - get this - he loved me too much. WHAT? Oh well, his loss. Lara turned me on to your blog. I love to read what you write.
Sarah Campbell

DeFusco said...

5th grade, Erin Fenger. She broke up with me because I didn't act like I liked her. I didn't. She was a bitch. Didn't even know I was supposed to get her a Christmas gift, so I stole a pair of my sister's Mickey Mouse earrings and gave them to her. My sister still doesn't know about it. She got me an INXS, Guns N Roses, and Poison single on tape. Only went out with her because my friends had "girlfriends." Ah the innocent days of spin the bottle.

DeFusco said...

Also, WTF is up with his friend. Doesn't his friend know "bros before hoes."

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

Ohhhh, poor Alex. and he is such a cutie. That girl is just plain stupid!
I really can't remember a real break-up story. I always did the breaking up b/c I just liked being their friend until a boy named Oz came along! Loved him then and love him more today!

Anonymous said...

. . . just wait until your baby girl hits pre-teen, teenage years. See my blog.

Elizabeth said...

I'm available to TP her house and bash her on My Space (yes the TP is from my era, My Space, hers).

I remember my first heart break and my mom was there. That will be his memory too. That's what makes me smile today, my mom just being there.

You're a great mom!

I feel like my own kid got hurt and I hardly know you!! Hang in there Alex. This will pass and when you look back, it will be all for the better.

Denise Grover Swank said...

Oh, it only gets harder as they get older!!! My 21 year old son was really in love with this girl, who I thought was nice. But then a month ago he found out that she cheated on him and when we're talking over high school age we mean sleeping with someone else. He was crushed. Devastated. He still lives with me while he goes to school so I saw him while this was going on. It killed me to watch him hurt so much and know there was absolutely nothing I could do to make it better.

The Dinsmores said...

I'll have to tell you in private what the first words out of my mouth were. That little girl is not getting a Christmas card from me this year.