Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sweet Little Thoughts



I just had to share this one little Hannah moment....
Yesterday we took the kids and my brother Patrick to Fairview State park by my parents house. The weather was beautiful and we all had a good time.
We were walking on the pier that goes all the way around the park. Hannah kept stopping and looking for her shadow in the water.
Last week we read Peter Pan 3 different times, she said mom remember the way you do Wendy's voice when you say PETER. (It's suppose to be a snobby English voice, so we will just go with that)
Yes I do Hannah and I started to say it.
She looked at me and said mom, when I'm a mom am I going to be able to do the voices like you?
Of course you will, you can do any voices you want.
But will they sound like yours? She said.
Well no, they will sound like you.
Well I'm practicing now, because my children are watching from heaven and I've got to get ready. (The fact that I did not have heart failure right there impressed even me!!)
OK, well you have LOTS of time to practice your voices baby.
She looks at me and says, ya your right, for now I'm just going to look at my shadow.
And off she went skipping down the pier.....
I wish I knew everything that was in her beautiful head.
I love the way their innocent little minds work.
Can someone please tell me how to stop her from growing???

2 comments:

Denise Grover Swank said...

If you figure out how to make children stop growing you MUST promise to share your secret!

Your daughter is a sweetie. She must be like her mommy. Have fun in Louisiana!

I'm just me... said...

Wow, those are precious moments! I too wish I could keep my Tink little. They say the most beautiful things!