Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful




Every year my husband tries to make our blessing before our Thanksgiving meal different and unique from the year before. Of course it has some of the same things like, thank you god that we still like each other. And of course my favorite, thank you god for my totally awesome wife she totally rocks!! (yes I'm back to reality now)

This year he really did hit the nail on the head with his prayers. The basics and then a few extras.
We both know how much we have......

We have 3 beautifully delicious children, who are our heart and souls. Brian told me one time, without the 4 of you I'm nothing. And I feel exactly the same way.

We have each other. I know there is not one other person in the world I'd rather be with. The good, the bad and the ugly, he is with me. And believe me people, it definitely can get ugly :)

We have our families. Even being away from some of them, we all still have each other. Having Brian's parents close, is an added bonus!

We have an amazing group of friends, old and new. Our friends from back home and our friends in Georgia, are wonderful. I am especially thankful to have "my girls"!

There is so much in life that I'm thankful for everyday.

The way I feel when my husband pulls up in the driveway.
The way my daughters voice sounds when she tries to whisper things to me, the smile I get from my boys when I say they can light the fire in the fireplace for me.
My dogs greeting me when I walk in the front door.

These everyday little things are what makes our house a home.

And for that, I am eternally thankful!!

2 comments:

Denise Grover Swank said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing it.

Denise Grover Swank said...

Okay darlin' at your own request I will assign you a letter- I bestow upon you the letter T. My son Ross just thought of 7 things for you, oops now 8, although I'm not sure you want to use anything from his list. Think dinosaurs and spiders.

Have fun! Can't wait to read your list!