Sunday, December 28, 2008

setting a pace

My husband and my son Jakob love to run. They get up at the crack of dawn, strap on their running type shoes, grab a banana and a bottle of Dasani and off they go.

Me and my other 2 children, yea well we don't do any of that :)

I have never been into working out.
I try, LORD knows I've tried.
I will start to do really well and then I get side tracked (usually by some chips and quaso) and then just give up. I was paying and GOING to the gym pretty regularly about a year and a half ago. I was even working out with a trainer. (Lena was that your idea or mine??)

Yes, I was paying this person to TORTURE me!

And man it felt good.

But like all the other times, one day instead of going to the gym (which I'm still paying for :) my girlfriend and I decided to have lunch and then the gym was just a distant memory.....

I walk my dogs all the time but I know that I need more than that. So Friday I decided to get my tennis shoes which were buried under, I don't even know what, in the garage. And go to the park and walk.

I didn't set any time on myself , I didn't give my self a goal. I just went to walk and listen to my music.

And man did it feel good. The weather was no where near ideal but it still was nice. I did 2 miles in about 30 minutes, no pressure....REMEMBER!

Today I went back to the park with Brian and Jakob, they ran and I walked. I did 2 and a half miles.

What I have learned about myself is, when I jump into working out full speed ahead, I always crash and burn (have you all ever had one of those drinks, man they are good!!)

I'm hoping that starting out slow and not pressuring myself to lose 10 pounds in a week or to stop eating. Then maybe in the long run I can keep up a healthy pace.

I need to remember 2 important things....

1. Exercise is a good thing and not the devil in disguise!

2. Potato chips are not my friends!





2 peas in a pod!
welcome back!

2 comments:

DeFusco said...

I never thought I'd see legs whiter than mine, but you have surpassed them.

The Johnson 5 said...

Well I am a WHITE girl, so what do you except??
And I don't fake bake so I am a true white person in December!