Saturday, December 27, 2008

tricks of the trade

Brian and I have always gone out the day after Christmas to SHOP!! Yes, I did use my husbands name and shop in the same sentence....

I'm not saying that he doesn't complain the entire morning before we leave.
Usually it starts with, where are we going again?
Do we really have to go THERE and THERE?
How long do we plan on being gone?


(sigh) the joys of shopping with my man!!


We don't buy each other big items for Christmas, so we always wait until after Christmas and get each other something. This year Brian wanted to look for a coat and me well, a purse....


This year surprisingly he didn't put up that much of a fuss. Well it's not really a surprise. Through years of marriage we all learn "little things". I've learned some little tricks ;) that help get our shopping day off to a good start.




One thing that is always at the top of our shopping list is new tennis shoes for the boys. School starts in the beginning of August and by the end of December their shoes are either to small (Alex) or to nasty (Jakob) .


Jakob got new shoes about 3 weeks ago when he sat on the sofa next to me and crossed his leg and when he did, I didn't see the sole of his shoe, no sir I saw the bottom of his SOCK!! When I asked my, oh so adorable little dirt ball son when this happen? He simply smiled his little Jakob smile and said
"I dunno".
MY CHILD!!


So we set out on Friday morning in search of a new coat, a purse, a pair of shoes and of course whatever else "junk" the kids can find to purchase with their gift cards!


Alex has been shopping in the men's shoe department since the 4Th grade. My son has always been ALL feet!
This time we hit a milestone, he has official caught up to Brian. He measured at a 9 and a half and we bought a 10!! A 10! Of course he then turns around and tells me, just think mom, by next year's back to school shopping I will probably be in and 11......

Can someone stop the ride, I think I'm going to be sick!





2 comments:

Jesse, James and Lindsey's mom said...

Love the post about the feet!! To funny! My late daughter was in a size 8 womens in 2nd grade. I gave some of her shoes to my neighbor who is philipino (sp?). She STILL talks about Chelseas feet 3 years later. YOu are looking at a size 15plus I bet!!! Happy New YEar

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

Snaaazzziiiee Shoes Alex! Wow you have some big feet!

Looks like a great christmas break in the johnson home!

I think they are building a new snake house????

Yes, I do think you are crazy for letting snakes in your home. They just give me the whillies! I have nightmares about snakes. I'm serious they are scary.

This is a little unorgainzed about all your posts. Sorry, I like to ramble at times. Happy New Year to the Johnsons!!!!!