Tuesday, December 9, 2008

trimming the tree take 1.....

my sick boy
Jakob is working HARD!!
The craziness that is my life.
1 kid sick on the sofa, 2 kids dancing to Christmas music, 1 husband trying to take pictures, 2 dogs in the middle and me loving my life!
My daughter poor thing, has no personality what so ever :)
Brian getting a birds eye view of our family room
We got our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving because we knew the next couple of weekends were going to be actioned packed. We planned on decorating the tree on Monday after Brian got home from work.
Monday I checked Alex out early so we could get his dress clothes for his Christmas concert ,that he was suppose to play his trombone in on Tuesday night. When he came down the hall I could see that my child looked a little under the weather. He informed me he was having the chills and his head and throat were killing him....... STREP THROAT!!
I dosed him up on Motrin, made him a spot on the sofa and there he stayed for 3 days. I brought him to the doctor on Tuesday and of course it was strep. When my kids get it, they get the knock down drag out version of it.
So Tuesday night instead of listening to my son play in the concert that he has been preparing for since August, we decorated our tree.......a little bit anyway.

No comments: