Tuesday, December 9, 2008

trimming the tree take 2......

my boys!
this is what I get when I say "SMILE",GOTTA LOVE IT!!
helping momma put the dove on the tree!
all finished, except for the star (it didn't work, now were on the hunt for a new one)
By Thursday Alex was feeling SOOO much better. I was so happy because it was his big 13 Th birthday. That evening after his birthday dinner (homemade pizzas) and cake (red velvet) we finished decorating the tree. This time it was so much better, because EVERYONE was feeling good and ready to get the job done!!
The dove that is in the picture is from my paw paws funeral about 23 years ago. There were 3 doves on his casket. 1 went to my grandma, 1 to my mom and 1 to my uncle. My grandma gave me hers shortly after Brian and I moved in together. And every year I have put it on my Christmas tree, just like my momma does. Since my kids have gotten older, they understand how important this dove is to me. And they take turns every year putting it on the top of our tree with me.
I love traditions!!!

No comments: