Monday, December 22, 2008

Weak and young or stupid and old?

Sunday nights are usually pretty much the same in our house. We all watch a movie together, get things ready for the start of the new week and complain about how fast our weekends are.


Well last night we watched a movie, "Meet Dave" with Eddie Murphy, I have to say it was HILARIOUS. My kids (especially Hannah) laughed so hard. It was just a bunch of silly fun!!


But after the movie we didn't start to pack lunches, know one said "oh yea mom, I forgot to tell you I need a root beer flavored purple popsicle stick, that's due tomorrow!"


Not one time did Brian or I say man where did the weekend go.


And you know why?


Because we are all going to be home for 2 WEEKS TOGETHER!


Did you here me people, 2 WEEKS!


Lord have mercy on my soul!!


Now don't get me wrong, it's wonderful and all that but, this is the longest that Brian has taken off just to be home. He is finishing up all his vacation time and I'm hoping that I don't kill hurt him before January 5th comes!!


Last night before we went to sleep, he said "oh man it feels good to not set my alarm."

And it did until 6 A.M came around and MY alarm went off.

Yes, I forgot to turn my alarm off.

And after mine went off, our dog Iris was standing there reminding me that her bladder alarm is use to going off at 6 A.M.

And of course my bladder alarm was also going off. (If this is to much information, I'm sorry)


Then after all the alarm and bladder excitement, I saw the temperature outside was 16, with a wind chill of 4 degrees. Within 36 hours the temperature dropped over 55 degrees. You gotta love the South!


I of course tried to go back to sleep but then my brain was going, with the list that I needed to make, to start my day.


So my thoughts of sugarplums and sleeping IN on my first day of Christmas vacation, were gone.


And that's OK, sleep is for the weak and the young.


My weak and young days are sadly over :)


Man I miss those days.......

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This is hysterical. The bladder alarm. I just snorted across my keyboard, much to the embarrassment of Sam who is having a sleep over tonight.

Enjoy your Staycation. I love that your hub is taking 2 weeks off.

Be sure to have a stay in your pjs day with popcorn and milkshakes for dinner. It's a rule.

The Johnson 5 said...

I know I think were doing that tomorrow!!

The Dinsmores said...

I'm so envious!!! Hey, my office is not too far from your house.....I just might have to pack my pjs and go over for lunch!!! Ha Ha. Enjoy my friend.