Saturday, January 24, 2009

23 of 365 memories....That's what friends are for.



There are so many things in life that I want to teach my children. Friendship is one of them. Friendship with each other and other people. I have a few close friends that I rely on for my everyday SANITY!

My neighbor Carol is one of them. Last night while my husband worked late and her husband was on a hunting trip, the 2 of us just LAUGHED. And laughed and ate and drank and laughed some more. Her kids are older and she enjoys coming to my crazy house because she doesn't like the quite of her own.

When we first moved here, this wonderful lady took me under her wing. And showed me the ropes.
She knew I had never been away from home before and could tell that I needed someone. But not just a neighbor, "a friend".

And so 3 years later, she rarely knocks before she comes in. (which I love) she brings over her bottle of wine. We lose our shoes and laugh on the sofa.

I hope one day in the FUTURE, I call my daughters house and she tells me, mom can I call you back I'm laughing with my "friend".

That will be music to my ears........

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Sounds like a great friend!! Friends like that are hard to find. :-)