Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Keeping the faith...

On most days I am a pretty optimistic person. I try to start the day positive ( I am SO not a morning person) and end it positive. This is not always easy but I love a good challenge. I am a allergy sufferer. This time of year just about kills my mucus membranes. I've been Benadrlying and Netty potting and now I'm just about to stick my head in the ground and have Brian come get me when Spring is over.

I'm sorry what was I talking about again.... rambling, no, oh yes, optimistic.

So I TRY to be. Why would it be that a person that you hold so very near and dear to your heart would try every moment available to break you.

Not just break me but my spirit?

Is it a conscious thing?

I hope not.

Whatever it is, it hurts.
And some days it hurts more than others.
Today I was talking to a, not so old but very dear friend (by the way, thanks girl for listening to my ramblings :) her and I have a lot in common when it comes to "our pasts". We have a lot in common when it comes to hurt. Sometimes until you have a person like that to talk to, you don't understand your own feelings. And when you hear someone else say things that you have said before, it's like, THANK YOU LORD, I'm not the only one!!

There are more CRAZIES just like me. ( she knows that I mean that with all love).

We both have our knights in shining armor. Hers might be a little hairy and mine might be a little grumpy but WE have THEM!
And they love us for all of us, CRAZIES and all.......

Thanks again girl :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow.

Hang in there girl. This is powerful stuff!

I think we all have these experiences. That's what makes us such amazing STRONG women!

(My security word is asssore, I kid you not. Who comes up with these things?)

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you are hurting...that someone close to you is hurting you.

It's good to have a friend to talk to...one who can relate.

I hope that things get better for you soon...