Sunday, May 31, 2009

She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes

This right here is my 700th post. 700th PEOPLE, and I have not a poetic thing inside of me to share. I have some love and kind words, that honestly will probably end up with me weepy and really its like 12:15 in the morning and I'm not in the mood to cry.

Yes I said the old lady is up at 12:15, OH I forgot to mention that my alarm clock is on SUMMER VACATION BABY, WHOOP WHOOP!!


So back to the weepy and not so much in the mood sorry honey....


My very bestest (I know it's not really a word but I'm using it) friend in the whole world is coming to visit this week. Stacey (who doesn't read my blog and I still love her ) will be with us from Tuesday til Sunday and then the kids and I are driving back to Louisiana with her for a few days.

I have known this girl since I was a beached whale 7 months pregnant with my first child, so almost 14 years. We have been like sister's ever since the first day we met.

We are 2 totally different people, her being, single, blonde, tan and cute and me being NOT but we have had a friendship that I could write a book about (with most of the royalty's going to her because I live vicariously through her :)

She has been with me through some of the worst times in my adult life and ALL of the best.


When we decided to move away from Louisiana, I had so many reasons why I wanted to stay. My family and then my other family.


I was never worried though that our friendship would be any less meaningful just because I was 8 hours away. I would no longer be available for drive bys ( I told you, a NOVEL people) but I would always be available to listen.


To say that I'm happy to have her all to my self for 6 days is an understatement. We see her every time we go into Louisiana but she hasn't been here in 2 years.


We often laugh while were on the phone because she starts to tell me a story about something that has happened to her and I can usually finish her conversation for her and then I always end it with GIRL what'cha gonna do??!!


Well GIRL, I can tell you that we are going to be playing this week (oh and did I mention my hubby is out of town all week:) so the kids and I will have not a care in the world!


Playing, laughs, more chapters for the book and good memories, that's what were gonna do!

No comments: