Wednesday, November 11, 2009

235 of 365 memories...a little bit at a time.



I remember when "my job" was unloading the dishwasher when I was a teenager. I HATED every minute of EVERY dish. Just like my son does. He has to get up a few minutes earlier every morning to unload it before school. It's been about a year now and I think he is getting the hang of it. In the beginning, I was wearing a hard hat in the kitchen. I never knew what was going to fall from the cabinets when I opened the doors.

This was one of those times where I had to learn to let him do it. I normally go by the motto, if I want something done just do it myself.
But that's not helping ANYONE.
So we learn together.
He how to unload things and not call 911 when a pyrex dish falls on his mommas head,

and me well to let go :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I hear you. My kids have these jobs too. One day before leaving for a trip, a pyrex dish fell on my head because of the way some teenager put it away. Sigh.

But these are important life skills. The big kids know to expect to do them. The little ones enjoy doing them.

Go figure.