Thursday, December 17, 2009

253 of 365 memories...I'm with the band!!

My brother Erik is 19, a senior in high school and in a band. LORD HAVE MERCY ON MY MOMMA!!

On our last night in Louisiana his band "Papa Slap and the Motherfunkers", (don't worry, I giggle after I say it too :) had a gig. So off we went to watch him do his thing.

Erik and his other band mates are all under 21, so they're playing at local teen places.

The place was kind of loud and kind of scary but we were ALL very excited to see him.

Alex and Patrick got to come, since they are teenagers.

I have to be honest, I didn't really know what to expect. Erik has been playing music for as long as I can remember, so I knew he could play.
But the question was could they ALL play together?
In tune, with a beat and whatever else you need to do, to be on stage in front of people that PAID to see you?!!

The band before them, channeled WAY to much Marilyn Mansion before the show.

Oh wait, maybe screaming into the microphone as loud as you can, was the way it was suppose to sound......

Erik's band took the stage and the 3 boys looked like they had been doing this their whole lives. They even played around with the sound guys, when the mics went out. Their sound is like a really funky Red Hot Chili Pepper.

As I was watching him, I couldn't figure out what I was most proud of.

His talent.
Or his nerve.

ROCK ON little brother!









No comments: