Sunday, July 18, 2010

not even a tropical storm

We're patiently awaiting Tuesday to come at our house. You're probably saying Tuesday, why Tuesday? Why not Friday or 2 for 1 Wednesday? Well Tuesday is the day that our house of 5 and 2 dogs turns into a house of 13 and 3 dogs. The Louisiana peeps are heading into town and get this, there's no hurricane in the gulf or a mandatory evacuation (love you momma :). They are here from Tuesday to Saturday and we are so excited! It consists of my momma, daddy, 3 brothers, 1 sister in law, 1 nephew that might just be buttered and devoured before he even makes it into the house, 1 girlfriend who is my sister from another mother and father but who's keeping track and 1 large German Shepard, Bella. They're my family. Some are family by blood, some by marriage and some by the sheer amount of memories and blackmail material we have on each other :)
Family is family and that's what it's all about.
We have a few things planned; mostly meals and what drinks we will serve with the meals but we will also venture out for some exploring time and make some new memories together.

In the crazy cleaning, painting, dusting, organizing midst of trying to prepare I have been also counting my thankful blessings........

I'm thankful to have everyone together (which almost NEVER happens).
I'm thankful to be able to have my parents relax for a few days and let me take care of them.
I'm thankful to have the space that we do to allow everyone to have their own nook in our house.
I'm also thankful to have a fully stocked beer fridge in the garage. Hey I said I love them and I'm very excited about the visit but I didn't say I wasn't getting by without any help from my friends!

Just in case you need to be reminded about where me and "my momma and dem" come from..........
We dance even if there's no radio. We drink at funerals. We talk too much & laugh too loud & live too large, and, frankly, we're suspicious of others who don't."


— Chris Rose

Bring on the family!!!

No comments: