Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Present...











Unfortunatly 3 years after the storm there are parts of Louisiana (New Orleans) that are just a heart breaking sight...
The last 3 pictures, just kill me to see. When we were teenagers everyone "hung out" at the lake. This lighthouse above (or whats left of it) was something that I have spent many of hours sitting and talking in front of. Brian and I had many of IMPORTANT conversations (among other things:) there....
The top pictures, my father in law summed it up best with his description he sent me with the pictures.....
Good morning Heidi. Here are the pictures I have of New Orleans. I have some more recent one I took on our last visit showing some of the city around UNO and in central N.O. A couple of pictures are of a tent city under the I-10 at Canal St. and Claiborne Ave. Sad sight of the city after almost three years since the hurricane hit.
Right now that is the present, hopefully the future will look differently..... please God let there be HOPE!!

No comments: