Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Is Anyone Out There??


always has a smile for me

yes mom we know, one day were going to thank you for these pictures!!



Some mornings are a little more actioned packed than others. I try and keep our mornings as stress free as possible. I find the more things I get done the night before, the less stressed I am in the mornings. And if mommas calm, then so is everyone else.


This morning was one of those, "little more mornings". I normally have Alex up, feed and gone by the time I wake the other two, to start their days.


Next year they will all 3 be at different schools, with different bus stop times. Which means wake one, feed one, send one off, then wake another, feed another, you get the point. FUN TIMES AHEAD!!


I know I'm off track, sorry....


Alex had an orthodontist appointment this morning and it was one of the long appointments, where they change all the brackets and that fun stuff. Not a big deal.


In the last few days we have been doing some minor remodeling in our family room, so the house is in pieces. Which some would say makes me a little, UM..... CRAZY!!


My carpet installer is here now, laying my carpet and by this afternoon all will be well in the land of the Johnson's.


I realized a few things this morning standing in my kitchen (amongst 3 pieces of my sofa, our T.V. and stand) making, 2 bowls of grits, one bowl of oatmeal, a chocolate milk, a white milk and a hot chocolate.


Number 1 is, how much I miss having them all home together in the mornings, it really is so much easier.


Number 2 is, I don't like a mess and I don't mean little piles of nonsense through out the house, everyone has that. I mean CLUTTER, looking around today a little twitch was starting to develop because I couldn't move things around.


Anyway this is basically a ramble because I'm stuck in my basement for an hour and a half, so I don't get in his way up there.



I tend to try and help, even though I have not a clue how to do it. When Mr. Paul (my installer) got here I tried to feed him, give him some hot chocolate (it is like 30 DEGREES), help him bring in the padding, he was having none of it. He said little lady, I wish all my customers were as nice as you. That was nice to hear, but I would of felt better if he would of had something warm to drink :) DEEP BREATH IN.....


I have a hard time with people doing things for me, I know you all are in total shock by that last statement....


I try and snap a few pictures every couple of mornings of my kids, my boys (always) think I'm crazy, Hannah always has a picture perfect smile for me.


Usually my house is not in this many pieces, but it always has THIS much love in it......and something warm (or cold) to drink :):)

2 comments:

I'm just me... said...

Sounds like you did have a crazy morning. You are right, some day your boys will appreciate the pics you took, even if they do think you are crazy now.

I have books full of pics of myself growing up, but there are few pics of my husbands childhood. I feel like our daughter is being cheated out of seeing her dad as a kid. My point is, someday your grandkids will look back and giggle at their dads as kids. The grandkids will totally appreciate the crazy grandma with the camera!

Elizabeth said...

Love it!

We're getting new flooring in our kitchen, basement, and family room. I'm putting off the install just because of what you're talking about.

Too much going on right now!

I'm taking a half an hour to eat lunch, veg, and read. Glad to hear you're stuck in the basement. You deserve a break!