Thursday, April 9, 2009

97 of 365 memories.....are YOU talking to ME??


When I first walked into this house the first thing I noticed was the windows. They were huge and beautiful and EVERYWHERE. We bought this house in October and October in Georgia is just about the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.




As I looked around I was just amazed at the views from each window.




They just got prettier and prettier.




The last couple of weeks we have been trying to get projects done in our house. Painting and re tiling the kids bathroom, redoing the basement bathroom, changing out more fixtures. And I have been finding myself once again complaining about not getting things done fast enough. Wishing I had more money to just do everything at one time. Not really appreciating the time and heart that my husband and I have been putting into our home. Basically just being a little poop head.




This last picture is the view out of my bathroom window. On the weekends when I get a chance to soak in the tub, I pull the shades up and admire the view. Yesterday as I was hemming and hawing to myself about needing to finish something else, a hummingbird flew right in front of my window. Gave the window a little peck and then flew off. As if he was saying "hey lady, get over yourself. Remember how much you loved this house and remember all these views. There still here, your just not enjoying them anymore.

And by the way you might want to add a few more ounces of bubble bath.

Because I can see everything your momma gave you."

I walked around and started remembering all my views again.

And how lucky I really am.

I wish I could look at everything everyday and see its beauty.

Why do we do that?

Why do we lose those first feelings so easily?

I have a home.

A beautiful older home, that with our love and attention will one day be everything that I told my husband standing in the kitchen that Fall day almost 4 years ago, that it would be.

So I'm back there. No more hemming and hawing. No more reasons why I can't have this person over because God forbid, my kitchen is all white, OOOO the horror. I love God's little signs, I take them as I can get them. One peeping hummingbird at a time :)


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Standing ovation!

This is so great. Submit to a magazine. Seriously!

love it. Especially the hummingbird.