Tuesday, December 1, 2009

244 of 365 memories.....Where oh where is she!!!

The last week before the holiday break was a little nutty in our house. Some kids (big ones and little ones :) had projects to finish, Thanksgiving feast parties to attend, basketball practices, Cross Country practices, band practices, OH MY!

So when I find the kids carving out little moments to enjoy things, I LOVE it!

One morning before school, I stepped out of the shower and called for my daughter. We have a routine in the mornings. As I get dressed she normally talks to me about all the life changing events that are happening in her life. You know things like, mom we got another coupon from Justice in the mail, mom I have figured out what I want to do for my next birthday and my next birthday. And of course my favorite ones are mom did you know that some people like to eat their boogers?!

MIND NUMBING LIFE CHANGING STUFF PEOPLE!

Well this morning she was no where to be found.

Hannah oh Hannah where for art thou Hannah?
I'm down here!!
OK.
So I went on my merry way and 20 minutes later this is what I found......


she had started the book the night before and couldn't wait to read more she said!

I have a few of my old books from when I was a little girl and Hannah LOVES them.

On the way to the bus stop she said, do you think Mimi read this book as a little girl and liked the name Heidi?

I don't think so, I said.

It's still a good book mom.

Yes baby, I know.

It's even better because it was yours!!

(I never did invest in that Kleenex stock yet!!)

No comments: