Tuesday, May 18, 2010

20 + 14 = 33 I mean 34

At the beginning of one of my classes this semester we had to right a little something about our selves answering specific questions and put them all together to make a biography flow. The professor picked two to read at the end of the semester and we had to pick who they belonged to. My paper was one that got picked. Of course they all knew whose this belonged to. I think my thighs gave it away :)



I have a soft spot for potato chips, any kind, doesn't really matter, as long as they are salty and crunchy. I'm also weak when it comes to frozen candy bars snickers, twix, reeses; there might also be a part of me that craves right out the oven bread or not right out the oven bread for that matter, as long as it's....bread.

I forget how old I am on a regular basis. Is it 33 or 34? I do the whole Alex is 14 and I was 20 when he was born, then I kick off my flip flops to count and forget what I was going to count! Today I am still 34, but for some reason my brain will say 36. I don't mind getting older, I just wish I could remember how old I really am, still 34 old lady. I do know how old my kids are, my dogs are, my house is and which day of the week is garbage day. That's gotta count for something.....RIGHT?

I try and be as true to myself and my upbringing as possible. Standing strong for my beliefs, while also being the best role model for kids that I can. I try to find the good in each person I spend time with. I don't like to surround myself with negative things, people, colors, anything. If you spend to much time around negative energy you become negative energy and for some reason my hair never looks right when I let my brain go to the dark side. So cute hair is staying and so is good positive fun.

I can't start my day without the kitchen sink empty, my bed made and the washing machine running; there maybe a little OCD going on in me but, what'cha gonna do.

I hate the top parts of my legs (thighs) but not enough to stop indulging in the treats in the first paragraph.

The most important lesson I've learned in life is: just when you think you've got it all figured out and your check list is done, God turns the page on you and you have to start all over again.
When that happens I think to myself, I'm too old for this shit!
How old am I again?

No comments: