Monday, August 23, 2010

Do they even know an Ashford or a Simpson?

There truly is something to be said about every day positive reinforcement when it comes to raising a family. Not saying that there aren't times that I wish I could gently yank the vocal cords out of the mouths of the people that I'm positively reinforcing. But I mean REALLY who doesn't have those days?

My kids think they can move mountains. I mean LITERALLY move mountains. My daughter believes that she can slay dragons with her sparkly barrette and still have good hair and good manners at the same time. Either with their minds or muscles, they know that they have the strength inside of them to do anything they set their minds to. A sliver of that has rubbed off of me.

Inside my comfort zone I am SHE RA the warrior woman who can do everything. Outside of that cushy comfortable spot I got nothing but a sliver. Hey but I take that sliver and build on it, each and every time I see another mountain. I've slowly been fixing my cracked road in life. Most damages have been repaired. Occasionally I come across a pothole or 4 and start the repaving process again.

I've started a new mountain, I mean semester this week. Health and Fitness, World History and Calculus are the enemies that need slaying now through December.

My daughter has graciously handed over her sparkly barrette, the purple one. The purple one sparkles more than the orange one and EVERY ONE knows that the sparkly the better! And as I'm walking around the KSU campus with my sparkly barrette in hand I have to fight the urge to scream at the top of my lungs,"AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH"!

Now were is that damned dragon..........

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Yuck. Calculus. I hope it goes well!

Katie is taking Health and Fitness this semester also. If I'm remembering correctly, it's T/TH at 12?? Maybe?