Monday, September 20, 2010

procrastination at it's finest

We're leaving for Washington DC tomorrow afternoon as soon as I get home from my last class. My husband has promised to have the kids and suitcases packed and waiting at the bottom of the cul de sac. Who wants to hold their breath with me?
I have two test tomorrow and have studied so much in the last week that my dreams are filled with every type of theory and formula in the Algebra world and from the Neolithic Revolution until Jesus crucifixion. And I can't help but ask myself, what in the hell are you thinking?! I mean REALLY what in the hell were ya thinking because this stuff is HARD! Like I want to pull my hair out hard! Like 2- 6 packs and a hand full of Motrin hard!
And kind of useless.
I mean in my 35 years of living I've never been stopped and asked to use the radius of an equation to find the center of a circle, nor have I ever gotten into a conversation with a person and discussed the impact of all 32 thousand Chinese Dynasties before.

And really, honestly, I'm okay with that. 

If I make it through this semester alive and still with a head full of hair, I'm going to have to reevaluate my class load vs. my volunteer load. I'm learning (and admitting out loud) that doing my best at what I love, might mean learning how to say........NO.

So if you encounter me on the street and you ask me how my day is going and I turn to you with my fist clenched with a hand full of my hair screaming NO, please don't be alarmed.
I'm just practing using my outside voice.

Or drunk.

No comments: